To meet a country means to feel its spirit, to know its hidden landscapes and individuals who have made what it is. Meeting a country is similar to meeting a man who will become your friend with time.
Travelling with friends is the most pleasant and the most amazing images are shared. Join our numerous friends who have already discovered why Serbia is irresistible. We hope that you will maybe come to love our country as much as we do.
Creative Industries Council and the Platform “Serbia Creates”
Creative industries are a significant sector in the Serbian economy, with a share between 3.4% and 7.1% of GDP (depending on whether it is viewed in a narrower or broader sense) and grow faster than the rest of the economy. This sector comprises of over 30,000 registered enterprises, employing more than 115,000 workers, of which almost 70% are between 25 and 44 years old, half have graduated from faculty, and a large number are women. The sector of creative industries includes publishing, print media, graphic industry, IT and software development, advertising, music and film industry, design, radio and television, advertising, fashion, old crafts.
The Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia has decided to set the development of the creative industries as one of the priorities of the Government of the Republic of Serbia with the aim of supporting:
- the faster development of the sector with the systematic support of the state through a continuous open dialogue between the public, private and non-governmental sectors and the professional public;
- the dynamic cross-sectoral dialogue and cooperation, as well as better connection with other sectors of the economy and the private sector;
- the creation of broad platform for the introduction of artists, creative creators and innovators to the international scene and market and access to a much wider audience and market;
- the promotion of education, openness, innovation and creativity as the key advantages of our knowledge economy in building a new image of Serbia and redefining of cultural diplomacy;
- the repositioning of Serbia in the world as a centre for artistic, creative and innovative creativity so that more people come here to work, live, learn and invest.
In order to achieve these goals, the Prime Minister established in March 2018 her Creative Industries Council in which she brought together distinguished individuals and organizations who, each in their field, occupy a prominent place in the contemporary scene and have a rich experience in cultural and creative activities. Members of the Council are Slavimir Stojanović, Biljana Srbljanović, Andrej Nosov, Milan Marković, Aleksandra Lazar, Ljiljana Rogač Mijatović, Nikola Božović, Jasna Dimitrijević, Tijana Palkovljević Bugarski, Igor Todorović, Vuk Vidor, StartIT, Mokrin House, EXIT, Serbian Film Association, Belgrade Cultural Network. The members of the Council give the Prime Minister and her team advices and suggestions for achieving the set goals. The members of the Council do not receive financial compensation for their engagement.
The Council has established and operates within the platform Serbia Creates, a new way of representing Serbia that affirms the values of contemporary Serbia - creativity, innovation and originality. This new concept aims to recognize, affirm and highlight artistic and every creative creation and success in the areas covered by the economy based on knowledge.
More information about the Creative Industries Council, its initiatives and the platform Serbia Creates can be viewed on the web site www.serbiacreates.rs