To meet a country means to feel its spirit, to know its hidden landscapes and individuals who have made what it is. Meeting a country is similar to meeting a man who will become your friend with time.
Travelling with friends is the most pleasant and the most amazing images are shared. Join our numerous friends who have already discovered why Serbia is irresistible. We hope that you will maybe come to love our country as much as we do.
Creative industries are an important sector in the Serbian economy with a share of 6.8 percent in the GDP of our country. The export of products of creative industries increased by more than 80 percent compared to 2016, and the number of employees increased by 37 percent, which shows the great potential of this sector, which is growing faster than the rest of the economy. As many as 49 percent of employees in this sector are women, 45 percent are highly educated personnel, and 60 percent of the population is 25 to 45 years old. Creative industries put Serbia's intellectual capital in the foreground and include publishing, print media, graphic industry, IT and software development, music and film industry, design, radio and television, advertising, fashion, old crafts.
The Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia has decided to set the development of creative industries as one of the priorities of the Government of the Republic of Serbia with the aim of supporting:
- the faster development of the sector with the systematic support of the state through a continuous open dialogue between the public, private and non-governmental sectors and the professional public;
- the dynamic cross-sectoral dialogue and cooperation, as well as better connection with other sectors of the economy and the private sector;
- the creation of a broad platform for the introduction of artists, creative creators and innovators to the international scene and market and access to a much wider audience and market;
- the promotion of education, openness, innovation and creativity as the key advantages of our knowledge economy in building a new image of Serbia and redefining cultural diplomacy;
- the repositioning of Serbia in the world as a centre for artistic, creative and innovative creativity so that as many people as possible come to our country to work, live, study and invest.
To that end, the Serbia Creates platform was founded. The platform is a new way of representing our country that affirms the values of modern Serbia - creativity, innovation and originality. This new concept aims to recognise, affirm and highlight artistic and all creative work and support success in the fields covered by the knowledge-based economy. See the most important projects of this platform here.