In modern times, jobs also get modernized. People who are ready to look forward and change with the times have the most opportunities to succeed. In modern times, people with a vision prosper. We have a vision of Serbia as a country of the greatest opportunities for all of its citizens. Together we work not only to create opportunities, but also to know how to make full use of them.
Every citizen must pay taxes in accordance with the law. Taxes enable the country’s progress. This money is invested in roads, public transport, education, scientific research, culture and art, public works... Failure to pay taxes, therefore, is not only illegal, but it directly influences the reduction of the quality of life and prevents proper functioning of society.
Three main subjects to taxation in any tax system are spending, income and property.
- The following taxes are related to spending:
- VAT (as the general spending tax),
- Excise (as the tax on consumption of certain goods).
- Taxes on non-life insurance premiums
- The following taxes are related to income:
- corporate income tax,
- individual income tax.
- The following taxes are related to property:
- tax on property “in statics”,
- tax on inheritance and gift,
- absolute rights transfer tax,
- taxes on the use, possession and carrying of goods (tax on the use motor vehicles, tax on the use of vessels, tax on the use of aircraft and tax on registered firearm).
Contributions for mandatory social insurance are paid to funds of mandatory social insurance and represent a type of public revenues and “tax cost” of the taxpayer in a broad sense.
Individual income tax is paid during the year on income specified in the law (e.g. salary, income from self-employment activity, capital income). In addition to the specified taxes paid at the moment when income is made, the Individual Income Tax Law also stipulates a special, additional, annual individual tax law (if the total net income of an individual in one calendar year exceeds the non-taxable amount). In 2017, the non-taxable amount of the income for annual tax amounted to RSD 2,375,136.