Preserving health and taking care of the ill is among the main tasks of any society where humanness is one of the core values. Treatment of health also shows the health of our worldviews. Modern technologies and modernization of health institutions, as well as the entire treatment process, should contribute to preservation and development of our greatest wealth – health of our citizens.
Types of healthcare facilities
The National Health Insurance Fund negotiates provision of health protection for its insured persons with the health care institutions which are part of the Plan of health care institutions network. The Network Plan is adopted by the Serbian Government at the proposal of the Ministry of Health.
List of health care institutions from the Plan of health care institutions network:
- health institutions of primary (with pharmacies), secondary and tertiary level of health protection,
- health care institutions specialized for extended rehabilitation,
- public health institutes,
- other health care institutions from the Plan of health care institutions network.
In addition to the health care institutions from the Plan of health care institutions network, NHIF has also concluded contracts with:
- social protection institutions,
- private pharmacies,
- institutions outside the Plan of health care institutions network,
- institutions providing infertility treatments,
- institutions providing cataract surgeries,
- institutions provide hemodialysis services,
- institutions providing hyperbaric oxygen treatments.
Healthcare facilities in Serbia