With the Fourth Industrial, i.e. the Digital Revolution, we have a chance to make up for lagging behind and catch up with more developed countries….
The digitisation process will enhance the standard and quality of life for hundreds of thousands of Serbian citizens. Efficiency will be increased, costs will be reduced and new value will be created in almost all areas of life and work. The digitisation process is the most important catalyst of innovations, competitiveness and growth.
The year 2018 was declared the European Year of Cultural Heritage. In the same year, the Serbian Ministry of Culture and Information initiated the project for digitisation of the cultural heritage and modern art.
At the end of 2017, the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, in cooperation with the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, initiated the digitisation of cultural heritage.
What does the digitisation of cultural heritage include?
Among other things, it includes:
- development of complete digital catalogues of cultural heritage,
- development of various tools and instruments for processing and protecting digitized cultural heritage,
- long-term preservation of digitized cultural heritage,
- ensuring lasting and reliable access to the digitized system,
- multimedia presentation of the digitized cultural heritage.
What is the purpose of the cultural heritage?
- to enable scientific and research work and application in science, education and construction of society based on knowledge, as well as in the country’s economic development,
- to contribute to the preservation of the national identity and cultural diversity of the national communities in this region,
- to enhance the position of our country globally.