With the Fourth Industrial, i.e. Digital Revolution, we have a chance to make up for lagging behind and catch up with more developed countries. This technological revolution will fundamentally change our lives, it is inevitable and unstoppable. Only winning societies choose to welcome changes, they do not averse from them. The Serbian Government believes that Serbia is ready to lead the entire region in changes that will follow and creation of new possibilities for all. The digitization process will enhance the standard and quality of life for hundreds of thousands of Serbian citizens. Efficiency will be increased, costs will be reduced and new value will be created in almost all areas of life and work. The digitization process is the most important catalyst of innovations, competitiveness and growth.
The National Contact Centre for Child Safety on the Internet, established on 27 February 2017 as part of the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, and now within the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Information and Telecommunications, is the central system for applications, education and counselling related to child safety when using digital technologies.
All citizens, via web application, e-mail or free call on 19833 may:
- report harmful, inappropriate or illegal content or behaviour on the internet, i.e. any type of online threat to the child rights and interests,
- receive educational material or schedule a direct educational presentation in schools, communities, etc.,
- receive advice on benefits and risks of using the internet and safe methods for using new technologies.
Other competent institutions and departments participate in resolving problems, such as MoI, Prosecution Office for High-Tech Crime, Ministry of Education, Health Centres and Centres for Social Work, depending on whether the illegal or disturbing content and behaviour:
- harm psychological or physical integrity of child (threats of violence, stalking, assault, child pornography, etc.),
- form a violation of the child’s rights,
- impair health status,
- represent risk from creating internet addiction,
- endanger child’s welfare of general integrity.